Nursing Supervisor On-Duty
Outpatient Registration Personnel
1. Off-duty hours includes any hours when there is no Radiology technologist on duty.
9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. week days
7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. weekend days
2. Personnel receiving packages labeled as Radioactive will visually inspect the package, sign the packing slip, and immediately take the package to the Nuclear Medicine
department. The package will be transported on a dolly to reduce radiation exposure.
3. Place the package inside the Nuclear Medicine camera room and lock the door.
4. If unsure of the procedure, the X-Ray technologist on-call should be contacted.
5. If the package appears wet or damaged, immediately:
Notify the hospital Radiation Safety Officer
Place the package on absorbent material (chux)
Maintain a distance of ten (10) feet from the package
Request that the delivery person remain at the hospital until it can be determined that neither he or the delivery vehicle is contaminated
If the Radiation Safety Officer is not available, call a Nuclear Medicine technologist, who will contact the Radiologist at EMMC (9-1-947-3711) for additional instructions.
6. Radiation Safety Officer:
John Y. Connolly, MD (723-6786)
7. Nuclear Medicine technologists:
Janelle M. Cyr (723-5650)
James Hall (723-5407)
|Millinocket Regional Hospital, 200 Somerset St. Millinocket, ME 04462, 207-723-5161|
|©2020 FastHealth Corporation Terms Privacy||US Patent Numbers 7,720,998 B2, 7,836,207|